CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Vegan Broccoli and Artichoke Hearts in Garlic and White Wine

I threw this together one night when I was short on time but needed a lot of flavor for my picky meat-eating boyfriend.


If its available in your local grocery store (I use Trader Joe's), I highly recommend keeping tons of frozen organic brown rice on hand that you can throw into the microwave for a few minutes and viola, light, fluffy, fresh brown rice.

I also keep frozen veggies on hand for when I haven't had time to get fresh produce. The night that I made this dish, I'd just returned from an extended vacation so my produce was at a minimum.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vegan Broccoli and Artichoke Hearts in Garlic and White Wine
Serves two

2 Tbl extra virgin olive oil
3 garlic cloves, chopped finely
3 cups frozen/fresh broccoli
2 cups frozen/canned artichoke hearts, halved
1/2 cup white wine (use a wine you enjoy drinking, I used a Reisling)
Salt and pepper, to taste
2 cups brown rice, cooked

In a large saute pan, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic and saute for 1-2 minutes until releases strong smell. Add broccoli and artichokes. Stir occasionally over medium heat for 5-8 minutes. Once the veggies are heated through, add the wine, salt and pepper.

Cook veggies until wine is gone and serve immediately on a bed of brown rice.

0 comments: